I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard…we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.” ―Malala Yousafzai
Women are socialized to play nice and to be quiet. There’s a not-so-subtle message that if you speak up and ask for what you need and want, you are too much. We learn to tone down our voices and our needs. We learn to be quiet about our proudest accomplishments.
There is much to be uncovered when we find the power of our voice. To share in a room of other women who practice doing so can be profoundly healing and powerful.
Join us at SoulSpeak: Owning Your Voice at Work, in Relationships, and in Your Life.
This SoulSpeak is for you if:
- You have a story about a time that you lost your voice
- There was a time that you couldn’t or wouldn’t speak your truth
- You got bold, courageous, or reckless and spoke your truth
- There’s a story on your heart or mind that you can’t hold in anymore
- You bore witness to the challenges of another woman speaking her truth and it awoke something in you
SoulSpeak is a carefully crafted, cozy environment where you can tell your story (or stories) and bear witness to a #tenderfierce community of women. It is a place to practice sharing your truth, being seen and heard, and bearing witness to the human spirit. It is not a place to practice fixing each other, but to deeply listen.
Bring an open heart and be prepared to laugh in uproarious laughter, pass the tissues, squeeze a hand and connect with a kindred spirit or two.