Have you pinned a Tweet or Facebook post to the top of your business page?
If not, you're missing out on an excellent, FREE, way to advertise specials, deals, or simply content that your fans love! On Twitter and Facebook you can pin a post to the top of your feed which is perfect for getting some extra attention on your most important pieces of content.
To put it simply, a pinned post is a status update you manually select to stay at the top of your feed, meaning it won't get pushed down as you continue to add new posts to your page.
This is an awesome way to boost to a special piece of information and, if your content is particularly helpful, a pinned post can also attract some extra shares and favorites.
So how do you set this up? It's easy!
- Go to your Facebook business page.
- Find a post you'd like to pin to the top.
- Click down arrow in upper right corner of post.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Pin to Top.”
- Go to your Twitter profile page.
- Find the tweet you'd like to pin to the top.
- Click the 3-dot icon located at bottom of the tweet.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Pin to your profile page."